Thursday, May 1, 2014

35 Days Old...

Puppies are started on potty training and have been going outside to potty for a couple days now. They holler to be let out of their xpen and we all RUN for the front door. At first they stopped just before the door and pottied. I then started picking them up fast and going out the door and into the yard with them. Now Brutus and Dubby run out the door! They don't always make it off the porch but we are making progress. I then pick them up and put them in the grass... they really like peeing in the grass... too funny. Tommy is a bit of a pill at this point. Sometimes he runs from me so I can't pick him up and get him outside in time. But it has been chilly out, especially in the middle of the night. I tell them "Go Potty" so they associate peeing with that command. And then I say "Go Poop!" It is always a good idea to have a dog understand their commands. If you are ever traveling it comes in very handy. When they do potty and poo outside I praise and praise.... "WOW what a good boy to go potty outside!" "What a big boy to go poop!" And I pet them. I really make a big deal out of it, so they know they are to potty outside. This is the start of potty training. They still go potty on the papers in their xpen, but there has been no poo. When they cry to go out, I try to oblidge as fast as I can wake up. It is so good that they really don't want to go in there.


Hearing test is scheduled for May 14 when they will be 7 weeks 1 day of age. Temperament test will be on 7 weeks exactly (49 days).

No comments:

Post a Comment